DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Oct 24, 2022–
Global Edge Computing Market to Reach $21.6 Billion by 2027
Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for Edge Computing estimated at US$4 Billion in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of US$21.6 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 27% over the period 2020-2027.
Hardware, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is projected to record a 26.2% CAGR and reach US$10.4 Billion by the end of the analysis period. Taking into account the ongoing post pandemic recovery, growth in the Platform segment is readjusted to a revised 28.3% CAGR for the next 7-year period.
The U.S. Market is Estimated at $1.5 Billion, While China is Forecast to Grow at 35.3% CAGR
The Edge Computing market in the U.S. is estimated at US$1.5 Billion in the year 2020. China, the world’s second largest economy, is forecast to reach a projected market size of US$3.1 Billion by the year 2027 trailing a CAGR of 35.3% over the period 2020 to 2027. Among the other noteworthy geographic markets are Japan and Canada, each forecast to grow at 23.6% and 27.5% respectively over the 2020-2027 period. Within Europe, Germany is forecast to grow at approximately 24% CAGR.
Other Components Segment to Record 27.5% CAGR
In the global Other Components segment, USA, Canada, Japan, China and Europe will drive the 27.5% CAGR estimated for this segment. These regional markets accounting for a combined market size of US$984.5 Million in the year 2020 will reach a projected size of US$5.2 Billion by the close of the analysis period. China will remain among the fastest growing in this cluster of regional markets.
What’s New for 2022?
- Global competitiveness and key competitor percentage market shares
- Market presence across multiple geographies – Strong/Active/Niche/Trivial
- Online interactive peer-to-peer collaborative bespoke updates
- Access to a digital archives and Research Platform
- Complimentary updates for one year
Key Topics Covered:
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Competitive Market Presence – Strong/Active/Niche/Trivial for Players Worldwide in 2022 (E)
- The Age of Digitalization, Now Catalyzed by the Pandemic, Provides the Foundation for the Rise of Edge Computing
- The Pandemic Creates a Scenario Where Digitalization Equals Survival
- Edge Computing: Overview, Importance, & Benefits
- Here’s What to Expect in the Edge Computing Market
- Recent Market Activity
- World Brands
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS (Total 256 Featured)
- ABB Ltd
- ADLINK Technology Inc.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), Inc
- Atos SE
- Axellio Inc.
- Azion Technologies, Inc.
- Belden Inc.
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- ClearBlade, Inc.
- Dell Inc.
- Digi International Inc.
- Edge Intelligence Software, Inc.
- EdgeConneX Inc.
- Edgeworx, Inc
- Foghorn Systems
- General Electric Company
- Google LLC
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd
- Intel Corporation
- International Business Machines Corporation
- Juniper Networks, Inc.
- Litmus Automation Inc.
- Microsoft Corporation
- Moxa Inc.
- Nokia Corporation
- Phoenix Contact GmbH & Co. KG
- Rockwell Automation, Inc.
- Saguna Networks Ltd
- SAP SE
- Siemens AG
- Sierra Wireless, Inc
- SixSq SA
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- COVID-19-Induced Work From Home (WFH) Pushes Businesses Closer to Edge Computing
- With Millions Working From Home, This Newly-Distributed Workforce Will Accelerate Adoption of Edge Computing
- Edge Computing Enabled Smart Cities Become the New Reality
- COVID-19 Highlights the Value of Smart Cities During Times of Crisis
- Why Edge Computing is Crucial for Smart Cities?
- Focus on Reshaping City Resilience to Future Pandemics & Crisis Will Spur Rejuvenated Spending on Smart City Projects in the Post COVID-19 Period, Providing a Goldmine of Opportunities for Edge Computing
- Edge Computing & 5G: A Perfect Pair: Here’s Why
- A Growing Market for Smart Agriculture to Boost Adoption of Edge Computing
- Smart Agriculture Becomes a US$12 Billion Global Market
- Smart Agriculture Opens a Wealth of Opportunity for Edge Computing
- Edge Computing’s Role in Smart Agriculture Demystified
- Digital Transformation Spending in Transportation & Logistics to Spur Adoption of Edge Computing
- Rapid Digitalization of the Transportation Industry Spells Opportunity for Edge Computing in Smart Management of IoT Enabled Fleets
- Smart Retail Evolution Heavily Dependent Upon Edge Computing
- As Smart Retail Evolves, Edge Computing Becomes Vital in Realizing the Promised Benefits
- The Strengthening Relationship Between Edge Computing and Mobility, Gives Rise to the Massively Popular Mobile Edge Computing
- Mobile Edge-Powered Computing Offers Intriguing Advantages for Location-Based Applications
- Manufacturing & IIoT Emerge As Important End-Users of Edge Computing
- Rise in IoT Ecosystem, the Cornerstone for Future Growth
- Manufacturing Automation Catches Fire
- The Growing Momentum Towards Manufacturing Automation to Encourage Adoption of Edge Computing
- Why Edge Computing is a Necessity in Age of Manufacturing Automation & Industrial IoT (IIoT)
- The Age of Analytics Pushes Up the Need for Mobile Edge Computing
- As Remote Monitoring & Control Rises in Prominence, Its Time to Take This Capability to the Edge
- Expanding Applications of Edge Computing in AR Wearables to Benefit Market Growth
- Edge Computing in Healthcare, the Only Way to Unlock the Benefits of Value-based Care
- Accelerating Pace of Connected Care Adoption Drives Opportunities for Edge Computing
- Edge Computing to Become an Indispensable Part of Connected Healthcare
- Edge AI – Next Frontier of Digital Transformation
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. REGIONAL MARKET ANALYSIS
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./ CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TECHNOLOGY DATA MANAGEMENT IOT (INTERNET OF THINGS) WEARABLES/MOBILE TECHNOLOGY
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2022.
PUB: 10/24/2022 09:48 AM/DISC: 10/24/2022 09:48 AM