Fastly, a leading global edge cloud network provider, recently announced the launch of its Compute@Edge partner ecosystem, with a roster of powerful integrations designed to help customers build a variety of edge computing use cases that address crucial infrastructure requirements for modern digital experiences.
With partners tapping into the scale, performance, and security of Fastly’s industry-leading Compute@Edge technology to extend their platforms, this ecosystem helps boost developer productivity and mission-critical digital transformation.
This unique combination of benefits gives current and future partners an advantage when integrating their products and services at the edge, to better meet developer expectations and needs. Additionally, developers can feel confident that all of the integrations in this new partner ecosystem have been pre-validated and tested to make it as seamless and secure as possible to deploy. The result is safer, faster, more engaging digital experiences for millions of internet users around the world.
Along with major cloud service provider integrations such as Google Cloud, developers can take advantage of each of these Compute@Edge partner ecosystem solutions today to unlock a variety of edge computing benefits.
– Backend integrations (Backblaze and Storj): Combining decentralized and globally distributed storage architectures with Fastly’s Compute@Edge means customers can deploy high-performance content at the edge without added complexity, high egress costs, or vendor lock-in.
– Database pairings (Fauna, Macrometa, Upstash): Developers can build faster, more personalized experiences at the edge using Fastly’s Compute@Edge integration with globally distributed databases. Combined, these technologies allow customers to keep logic and data as close to end users as possible, while minimizing global latency.
– Developer tooling and experimentation (Glitch, Edgemesh, Optimizely): Whether remixing projects or running digital experiments, developers need the tools that meet them where they are. Compute@Edge integrates with a number of developer tools to help get sites running quickly, simply, and with the added performance of a powerful edge network.
– Logging and monitoring endpoints (Datadog, New Relic): Understanding how an application or website is performing is critical for ensuring optimal end user experiences. By combining real-time data from Compute@Edge with data from logging and monitoring endpoints, customers benefit from robust, instantaneous feedback into web and app performance.
– Security solutions (Auth0, Source Defense): Security and access control are top priorities for app development teams. Compute@Edge integrates with identity access management, authorization and client-side security solutions to help developers mitigate risk and keep users safe.
Cassio Sampaio, SVP of Product at Auth0, a product unit within Okta
By combining Fastly’s edge computing and serverless platform with our identity management solution, our customers can build secure access to any application, for any user – as close to end users as possible. This is a win for our joint customers that need increased risk mitigation and reduced time to implementation, and demonstrates the value of our collaboration for providing the vetted and valuable integrations that matter to developers.
Danny Driscoll, Product Architect at Optimizely
Fastly’s Compute@Edge is a reliable platform with an easy developer experience that, when paired with Optimizely’s experimentation platform, helps teams build better ways to meet end user expectations and quickly generate value from their digital presence.